All visitors to Egypt need to obtain a visa to enter the country unless they are from a visa-exempt country. There are different types of entry visa to Egypt: the visa on arrival, and the Egypt e-Visa.
The Egypt visa on arrival has been available for a long time. It is possible to obtain one at the Egyptian border. Eligible citizens queue, apply for, process, and pay for the visa on arrival.
The alternative is the Egypt e-Visa which was introduced in November 2017. It allows travellers to apply for an entry visa to Egypt online in just a few minutes. On arrival, the traveller presents the e-Visa at the Egyptian border control, along with their passport.
The Government of Egypt implemented the electronic Egypt visitor visa to increase security and also to improve and quicken the process of admitting tourists.
Though both visas allow visitors to enter Egypt, there are some key differences between the two forms of travel authorization of which travellers to Egypt should be aware.
* For more information, please contact the local Egyptian Embassy in your country and refer to the most updated official information.
1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
2. Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
3. Please note ICSIE Conference and the organizing committees of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICSIE Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, ICSIE Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICSIE Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
4. It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.